Encinitas homes in Pacific Serena enjoy some PROS and CONS of living in this community
Pacific Serena PROS
- Location.Location.Location. This is truly one of the best locations in all of Encinitas with direct access to the 'Crest trail', minutes to the beach, parks, playgrounds, world-class shopping and dining. Walk to the Botanical Garden, the YMCA, a bakery, yoga and more.
- Living green and doing more with less. The emerging trend in reducing ones carbon footprint & conserving limited resources couldn't be easier to adopt than by living in a smaller home requiring less energy to heat & cool. As McMansions and massive ceiling clear heights are falling out of vogue, many San Diegans are looking to downsize and simplify their lives by making more of less. This statement represents many Pacific Serena's owners sentiments as they are contributing to living a more sustainable and rewarding lifestyle right near the beach.
- Relish the creativity in design & style. After doing your homework on Encinitas homes and neighborhoods you'll quickly come to understand that almost everything for sale near the coast is tightly controlled by strict Home Owner Associations rules and regulations, while these rules most often make sense they can be stifle one's freedom and creativity to truly create something unique and their own. Look at the slideshow that we have provided you with and relish the diversity in style and creativity-you cannot find this fun coastal panache in very many places largely because of tight HOA control over design and aesthetics. Today many communities include paint color regulations, landscape species regulations, architectural ornamentation regulations, parking regulations, etc. If you love the freedom to create, on your own terms, obviously within the City of Encinitas and County of San Diego County zoning guidelines, this is a community to consider.
- Single-level living. Nothing spoils one more than effortlessly gliding around your home without having to huff & puff up some stairs. Let's face it,t wo story homes are mostly designed to do one thing & that's maximize space. Back in 1971, when Pacific Serena started to be built, it was intended to be a 55 year old & over community, much like High Country Villas is today. Folks over 55 truly appreciate the convenience & later in life the safety of single-level living. Over 60% of hip fractures come from falling within the home and more often than not the fall occurs while navigating stairs. Staircases stink unless they are taking you up to enjoy a phenomenal view. Lastly, 2nd floors put massive loads on the first floor structure requiring much more built out. So a little more homework on Encinitas real estate will help you conclude that single-level homes are very hard to come by & are and always will be very valuable.
- Gardening & landscaping. Have you always want to grow your own fruits and vegetables but never found the time/space/best growing conditions? Well, you've made it home if you've come here to 'live off the land.' Here's a stat you likely never knew and couldn't imagine: SAN DIEGO COUNTY HAS MORE FARMS PER CAPITA THAN ANY OTHER COUNTY IN THE ENTIRE US. Wow, really? Yep! I wonder why...hmmm...could it have something to do with having the finest climate in the US with tons of sunshine, a nourishing coastal fog and rich native soils...you bet it does. Just drive around Pacific Serena and enjoy the depth of verdant growth. With Cordova Gardens one block to the southeast, Sunshine Gardens one block to the southwest and the San Diego Botanical Garden 3 blocks to the northwest, your thumb getting very green!
- Direct trail access. Although this PRO ties into the Location bullet above, we cannot communicate to a buyer how important direct trail access becomes to so many of our lifestyles. Just imagine YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GET IN YOUR CAR to do any number of these things:
- MOMS & DADS walk to the Las Verdes Playground (new and expecting mom, this place will practically save your life;)
- DOG LOVERS miles of gorgeous recreational dirt and mulched trails will be your dogs favorite event of the day...go ahead and spoil them.
- VIEW LOVERS walk to what we consider the most beautiful view in Encinitas...coastal sandstone, native habitat, ocean views, & snow capped peaks
- NATURE/PLANT/TREE LOVERS & MOMS walk to the San Diego Botancial Gardens (an annual family membership is only $60...are you kidding me?).
- KIDS. Tell your kiddos to get outside and appreciate this incredible climate that we are all so fortunate enjoy almost every single day of the year, adventures await.
- No summer coastal fog zone. One of the most overlooked elements of searching for a coastal home is being acutely aware of where the fog layer ends. The ubiquitous 'May gray' or 'June gloom' is no joke around here. The topography of the land has the most to do with how far the fog penetrates inland. Fortunately Pacific Serena is literally 1/2 mile from the main 'fog line' which starts to deteriorate just west of Interstate 5 or just east of the Encinitas Library.